Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chicken with herbed Zucchini and Orzo

G was given a choice tonight of Chicken and Orzo, Homemade pizza or Make Your Own Pasta. Again, I was indifferent to what we ate tonight, none of the above mentioned items are that particularly complicated, or so I think. I was surprised that he picked the chicken considered we had chicken last night, but whatevs...

So, I have a guilty confession for you. I love Fryin' Magic. I think that it is absolutely delicious and makes chicken far better than what it is on it's own. Overall, I thought the flavors worked really well together in this dish. I'm not a particular fan of dill, but Orzo is my most favorited shaped pasta. The red wine vinegar gave a really nice tang in contrast to the saltiness of the Fryin Magic (keep laughing)


Chicken with Herbed Orzo
Ingredients
Fryin Magic
2 chicken breasts
Dried Basil
2 medium zucchinis (sliced)
3 tbs Olive Oil
1 cup dried Orzo
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tbs fresh dill (Target just came out with an awesome line of freeze dried herbs. Check it out)

Preheat oven to 375. Coat chicken in Fryin Magic mixed with 1 tsp dried basil. Put in oven for 12 minutes on tinfoil covered baking pan covered in 1 tbs oil. Slice zucchinis, coat in remaining Fryin Magic. Boil water for Orzo and then cook according to package. Flip chicken in oven, put zucchini slices in same pan. Cook another 12 minutes. In a bowl, whisk together 2 tbs oil, 2 tbs red wine vinegar, 1 tbs dill and salt and pepper to taste. Drain pasta and mix into bowl. Take chicken and zucchini out and serve with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment