Monday, June 14, 2010

Soba Noodle Bowl

I've been kind of uninspired for dinner lately. I just can never pinpoint exactly what it is that I want to eat (besides cake). As previously mentioned, I'm not a big "meat and potatoes" type girl and frankly, I'm kind of getting tired of making pasta dishes (say what???!). I was flipping though my new Better Homes and Gardens magazine and came across the recipe for Soba Noodle Bowl, and low and behold I actually already had all of the ingredients on hand. It was a sign from above, I'm sure.

So, overall the tastes were very good. I thought the noodles came out a bit soggy, perhaps the organic noodles I used were to blame, I'm not sure. The dish also calls for Jalapenos, which I didn't have on hand, but I had some dried Thai Chile hots from my Dad's garden. I made the dish spicier than it called for, because I LOVE SPICY FOOD. Sometime in the near future I'll show you my recipe for my Burn Your Gut Chicken Curry.



Soba Noodle Bowl
28 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
2 carrots (thinly sliced)
6 oz. Soba Noodles
1 sliced Jalapeno pepper
2 tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
8 oz. sugar snap peas
Crushed red pepper
fresh parsley

Heat chicken broth and water to boiling. Add chicken, carrots, noodles, pepper and soy sauce. Cover and cook over medium head for 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and noodles are soft. Add sugar snap peas, cover and cook 2 minutes more. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and parsley.

(From Better Homes and Gardens July 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment